EDUCATION FOUNDATION INFORMATION
Our specific purpose is to benefit the public by providing funding for educational and charitable activities aimed towards engineering education and to encourage students to go into the engineering profession.
- We are fully involved in MATHCOUNTS, a nationwide program designed to increase students’ interest and ability in mathematics and to heighten awareness of the importance of math.
- We provide the funding for each NeSPE chapter and state MATHCOUNTS contests held each February and March.
- We also contribute to the funds for participation in the national competition in Washington D.C., in May every year.
- Increase funding for our chapter and state MATHCOUNTS contests.
- Expansion of the MATHCOUNTS contest:
- Increased participation in number of schools
- Fund teachers via stipends/expenses
- Recognize teachers with Meritorious Awards
- Improve financial support for the state team competing at the national finalsExpand the presence of NeSPEEF beyond MATHCOUNTS:
- Award scholarships to high school and college students
- Lend more assistance to the TEAMS program
- Lend more assistance to the NeSPE UNL Student Chapter
- Encourage more diversity of participation and increased enrollment at the University of Nebraska
Our annual fund drive is underway! NeSPE is your society and the NeSPE Education Foundation is your foundation. This campaign will support the NeSPE programs that are funded by the Education Foundation.